Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Visit to Quaker Steak & Lube

3220 Mid America Drive
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Plus other locations throughout this fine country
(712) 322-0101
Monday thru Saturday open 'til 2am, Sunday 'til midnight
www.quakersteakandlube.com

These are wings.

For Halloween I dressed up as a Council Bluffs-onian and dined at the deplorable Quaker Steak. (Hey, I had a coupon!) The interior--with its mounted vehicle parts and bogus street signs--could have been from a nightmare. Our server acted like he hated his life. He was able to rattle off the beer menu quite impressively, though: Miller Lite, Busch Lite, Bud Lite, Blah Lite, Poop Lite, Butt Lite, etc. etc.  But, as far as wings go, these were pretty deece: A couple of full bites of meat, minimal stringy stuff, and "Supercharged" wing sauce that was actually spicy. The soft pretzels with cheese were almost as good as what you get at the movie theater. I pocketed the after-dinner Twizzler that came with the bill in case I ran into any kids in costume later.

Next time I think I'll leave the wing eatin' and Lube Tube drinkin' to the posse of dudes I know, and I'll stay home and knit or something.

These are pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment