Monday, May 16, 2011

El Dorado

5134 South 24th Street (just north of Q)
Omaha, NE 68107
(402) 734-4947
Open lunch and dinner everyday
www.eldoradomex.com

Chips and Salsa
Pork Tostada and Carne Asada Taco
Carne Asada Quesadilla with Rice and Beans
It all started with the chips. Store bought and heat-lamped with boring El Pato-based salsa. Feeling a little overwhelmed by the large menu of seafood and other concoctions, we ordered our fav stand-by items. Maybe that's where we went wrong. The pork tostada wins the prize for Greasiest I've Had So Far. The little pellets of carne asada in my taco resembled poop. It's been hours and the quesadilla is still chillin' in my stomach--evidence that the ingredients were not fresh. The beans were ok but not enough to get me to go back, ever.
Fish Fork
Fish Knife
The piscine-inspired cutlery won't even do the trick. Some other reviewers say the seafood is good, but since here in Omaha we couldn't be farther from an ocean, I think I'll stay away. They're serving poop beef in our country's great steak mecca, for Christ's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment