Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ethnic Sandwich Shop

1438 South 13th Street (Just north of the Bohemian Cafe)
Omaha, NE 68108-3504
(402) 422-1040

Open 10:30 to 6 Monday thru Friday, and Saturdays too according to the banner I saw today as I was driving past
www.ethnicsandwich.com


What IS Miracle Whip anyway? I can't find the ingredients on the Kraft website. All I know is I don't like it, it is NOT mayonnaise, and someone should tell the folks at Ethnic Sandwich shop this, because it says mayo on their menu and the stuff tastes like Miracle Whip. An unwelcome surprise as I was biting into my Turkey Hoagie. Other than that the bread was pretty deece and the meat was so-so, and I dig that they call it a Hoagie, being from Philly and all. The real star here is the Fatty, a French Dip with swiss on a toasted garlic bun. Hell. Yes. Tender beef, salty jus, obnoxious name. The menu also features sandwiches with Irish Corned Beef, Polish Sausage, and Italian Sausage, which, along with the "French" Dip, make it the "Ethnic" Sandwich Shop. Cute. 


We'll be back to get fatter in Omaha with a Fatty and maybe a coupla King Daddy Dogs. 


Turkey Hoagie, top view
Turkey Hoagie, side view
The Fatty

No comments:

Post a Comment